The DeWalt DCB107 and DCB112 are two popular battery chargers from one of the leading brands in power tools – DeWalt. These two chargers have been designed to charge different types of batteries, and choosing between them depends on your needs.
DeWalt is a well-known brand that produces high-quality power tools and accessories, including battery chargers. Both the DCB107 and DCB112 are designed with the latest technology to provide efficient charging for DeWalt batteries, but they do have their differences.
In this article, we will compare the features of both chargers and help you decide which one is better suited for your needs. Whether you’re a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, read on to find out which DeWalt charger is the right choice for you.
What is DeWalt DCB107?
Equipped with an intuitive LED indicator, the DCB107 provides a clear display of the battery’s charge level, allowing users to monitor the progress of their charging. Furthermore, it alerts users when the battery reaches full charge, preventing overcharging and maximizing battery life.
One of the standout features of the DCB107 is its remarkable fast-charging capability. It can swiftly charge a 20V MAX battery in just one hour and a 12V MAX battery in an impressive 40 minutes. This exceptional charging speed ensures minimal downtime and allows professionals to stay productive, especially when tackling demanding job tasks that require reliable power on the go.
With the DeWalt DCB107 battery charger, you can experience the utmost convenience, efficiency, and reliability, making it an ideal choice for those who value top-notch performance and need quick charging to keep up with their demanding workloads. 
What is DeWalt DCB112?
The DeWalt DCB112 is a heavy-duty battery charger designed to provide fast and efficient charging for all DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries. Its rugged design makes it ideal for use in tough job site conditions, making it a popular choice among professionals.
Similar to the DCB107, the DCB112 also features an LED indicator that shows the battery’s charge level and alerts users when it reaches full charge. This feature prevents overcharging and prolongs battery life, ensuring maximum performance and longevity.
The DCB112 offers faster charging than its predecessor, with a 20V MAX battery taking only one hour to reach full charge and a 12V MAX battery taking just 60 minutes. This makes it a perfect choice for professionals who work in demanding environments and require quick battery charging to stay productive.
Additionally, the DCB112 comes with an onboard diagnostics system that monitors the charger’s performance and battery health, ensuring optimal charging every time. This feature makes it an ideal option for those looking for a durable and high-performing battery charger. 
DeWalt DCB 107
- The charger is intelligently designed to efficiently charge both 12V and 20V MAX DeWalt lithium-ion batteries, providing unparalleled versatility for various power needs. Whether you’re working on small projects or tackling larger tasks, this charger has got you covered.
- Operating with an input voltage of 120V AC and a frequency of 60 Hz, this charger seamlessly integrates with standard power outlets, making it incredibly convenient and compatible for use in any workspace or job site.
- With an incredibly fast charging time of just 1 hour, the 20V MAX battery can be quickly replenished, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity. This means you can spend less time waiting for your battery to charge and more time getting the job done efficiently.
- The 12V MAX battery charges even faster, with an impressive charging time of only 40 minutes. This exceptional speed allows for optimal utilization of time and resources, enabling you to complete tasks without any unnecessary delays. 
Invest in this charger to experience the ultimate convenience, efficiency, and productivity for all your power needs.
- The compact and portable design of this device makes it incredibly convenient for easy storage and charging on-the-go, allowing you to stay powered up wherever you are.
- With the LED indicator, you can effortlessly monitor the battery charge level, ensuring that you never run out of power when you need it most. Additionally, it helps prevent overcharging, prolonging the lifespan of your battery.
- Thanks to its fast charging capability, the 20V MAX battery can be fully charged in just 1 hour, while the 12V MAX battery takes only 40 minutes. This means you spend less time waiting for your battery to charge and more time using your device efficiently. 
- This product is exclusively designed to be compatible with DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- While it excels in most applications, it is important to note that it may not be suitable for heavy-duty usage or prolonged charging periods, as it is specifically engineered for moderate to light-duty tasks. 
- The charger operates with an input voltage of 120V AC and a frequency of 60 Hz, making it compatible with standard power outlets in most workspaces or job sites.
- With a charging time of just 1 hour for the 20V MAX battery and 60 minutes for the 12V MAX battery, this charger delivers fast and reliable charging performance, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum productivity.
- The rugged design of this product makes it durable and suitable for use in tough job site conditions, providing unmatched performance and reliability even in the most demanding environments. 
Invest in this charger to experience efficient and reliable charging for all your DeWalt lithium-ion batteries, no matter where your work takes you.
- With its robust heavy-duty design, this tool is built to withstand even the toughest job site conditions, providing unparalleled durability and reliability for your demanding tasks.
- The advanced onboard diagnostics system constantly monitors and optimizes the charger’s performance and battery health, ensuring precise and efficient charging every single time. This not only extends the lifespan of your batteries but also helps you save significant costs on frequent replacements, making it a smart long-term investment. 
- While compatible with all DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries, this product is not compatible with other battery brands. It is specifically designed for DeWalt batteries and may not work effectively with other brands.
- The charger’s rugged design, while durable and suitable for tough job site conditions, may not be as compact or portable as some may prefer. However, its sturdy build ensures reliable performance in any environment. 
Differences between DeWalt DCB107 and DCB112
While both the DCB107 and DCB112 are designed to charge DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries, there are a few key differences between the two models.
- The DCB112 offers faster charging times for both 12V and 20V MAX batteries, with a charging time of just one hour for each. In comparison, the DCB107 takes 1.5 hours for the 20V MAX battery and 45 minutes for the 12V MAX battery.
- The DCB112 features an onboard diagnostics system that monitors charger performance and battery health, while the DCB107 does not have this feature.
- The DCB112 has a compact and rugged design, making it suitable for use in tough job site conditions, while the DCB107 is more compact and portable.
- The DCB112 operates with an input voltage of 120V AC and a frequency of 60 Hz, while the DCB107 has an input voltage range of 100V to 240V and a frequency range of 50Hz to 60Hz. This means the DCB112 may be more compatible with standard power outlets in North America, while the DCB107 may have wider compatibility for international use. 
Ultimately, both models offer efficient and reliable charging performance for DeWalt lithium-ion batteries. The decision between the two may come down to personal preference or specific job site requirements. So, it is recommended to assess your needs carefully before making a purchase decision.
Factors Before Buying the Best Multi-Volt Charger
Input Voltage and Frequency
When purchasing a multi-volt charger, it is crucial to consider the input voltage and frequency to ensure compatibility with your power outlets. For instance, the DeWalt DCB112 operates with an input voltage of 120V AC and a frequency of 60 Hz, making it well-suited for standard power outlets in North America. On the other hand, the DCB107 offers a wider range of input voltage (100V to 240V) and frequency (50Hz to 60Hz), making it more versatile for international use. With its broader compatibility, the DCB107 allows you to use it seamlessly in different countries and regions, providing convenience wherever your travels take you. 
When choosing a charger, another crucial factor to consider is the amperage. The DeWalt DCB112, for instance, offers an amperage range of 4A, while the DCB107 boasts a higher range of 5A. It’s worth noting that higher amperage results in faster charging times, which can be particularly beneficial if time is a critical factor for your work. So, if you’re aiming for maximum efficiency and productivity, opting for a charger with higher amperage might be the way to go.
Additionally, the higher amperage not only ensures faster charging but also allows you to power up your devices more quickly, saving you valuable time and keeping you in the flow of your work. Whether you’re on a tight deadline or simply want to make the most of your workday, having a charger with higher amperage can provide that extra boost to keep you going.
Furthermore, a charger with higher amperage can be a game-changer when you’re working on multiple devices simultaneously. It ensures that each device gets the power it needs without compromising on charging speed. This is especially useful if you’re juggling between your smartphone, tablet, and laptop, as you can charge them all efficiently and effectively with a single charger. 
When selecting a multi-volt charger, it is crucial to ensure compatibility with the specific battery chemistry you use. For users of DeWalt lithium-ion batteries, the DeWalt DCB112 and DCB107 chargers are designed to deliver optimal performance and reliability. These chargers are specifically tailored to meet the needs of DeWalt lithium-ion batteries, ensuring seamless functionality. However, if you have a combination of different battery chemistries, it becomes even more essential to choose a charger that can accommodate them all. This versatility ensures convenience and allows you to charge various types of batteries with ease. By selecting a charger that supports different battery chemistries, you can enjoy the benefits of adaptability and peace of mind, knowing that your charger is capable of handling all your battery charging needs. 
Compatibility with Different Voltages
Take the DeWalt DCB112, for example. This versatile charger is capable of charging both 12V and 20V MAX batteries, making it an ideal choice for users who own multiple tools with different battery voltages. On the other hand, the DCB107 offers an even broader compatibility range of 10.8V to 20V, allowing you to charge not only DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries but also batteries from some other brands. With these options at your disposal, you can have peace of mind knowing that your charger can handle various battery types, providing you with the flexibility and convenience you need for your power tools. 
When selecting a multi-volt charger, another critical aspect to consider is the charging times. As we mentioned earlier, the DeWalt DCB112 stands out by offering faster charging for both 12V and 20V MAX batteries. It impressively achieves a charging time of just one hour for each battery type. In comparison, the DCB107 takes slightly longer, with 1.5 hours for the 20V MAX battery and 45 minutes for the 12V MAX battery.
If your work demands efficiency and time management, opting for a charger with faster charging times can provide significant benefits. By reducing the waiting time, you can save valuable minutes and enhance your overall productivity. So, having a charger like the DeWalt DCB112 can be a game-changer, empowering you to accomplish more in a shorter span of time. 
What batteries can dcb107 charge?
The DeWalt DCB107 charger is designed to charge DeWalt 12V and 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries. It can also charge batteries from other brands that fall within its compatibility range of 10.8V to 20V. However, it is always recommended to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific battery compatibility information.
Do all Ryobi 18V batteries use the same charger?
No, not all Ryobi 18V batteries use the same charger. Some older models may require a different charger than newer ones. It’s important to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or consult with a professional for proper battery and charger compatibility information.
How do I reset my Ryobi battery?
To reset your Ryobi battery, follow these steps:
- Unplug the battery from the charger and remove it from the power tool.
- Fully deplete the battery by using it until it no longer powers the tool.
- Place the battery back in the charger and charge it fully.
- Use the battery until it is completely drained again.
- Repeat this cycle two more times.
- Your battery should now be reset and ready for use. If the issue persists, it may be a sign of a defective battery and may need to be replaced. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific troubleshooting steps or contact Ryobi customer support for assistance.
How do I reset my battery not charging?
If your battery is not charging, you can try resetting it by following these steps:
- Unplug the battery from the charger and remove it from the power tool.
- Clean any debris or dirt from the contacts of both the battery and charger.
- Reinsert the battery into the charger and make sure it is properly connected.
- Attempt to charge the battery again.
- If the issue persists, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific troubleshooting steps or contact customer support. It may also be a sign of a defective battery that needs to be replaced.
What can I do if my battery is not charging?
If your battery is not charging, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
- Check for any debris or dirt on the contacts of both the battery and charger and clean them if necessary.
- Try using a different power outlet or plug in the charger directly to an outlet rather than using an extension cord.
- Make sure the battery is properly inserted and connected to the charger.
- If possible, try using a different charger or battery to see if the issue lies with one specific component.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific troubleshooting steps or contact customer support for further assistance. It may also be a sign of a defective battery that needs to be replaced.
How do I factory reset my charge?
To reset your charger to its factory settings, follow these steps:
- Unplug the charger from the power outlet and remove any batteries that may be inserted.
- Look for a small button or pinhole labeled “Reset” on the charger.
- Using a small object such as a paperclip or toothpick, press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the button and plug the charger back into the power outlet.
- Attempt to use the charger as usual. If the issue persists, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific troubleshooting steps or contact customer support for assistance.
What causes battery to stop charging?
There can be several reasons why a battery would stop charging, including:
- Dirt or debris on the contacts of the battery and charger
- A defective battery or charger
- Power issues with the outlet or cord being used to charge the battery
- Incorrect usage or storage of the battery causing damage over time
Useful Video: DeWalt 20V / 12V Max DCB107 DCB112 chargers
In conclusion, both the DeWalt DCB107 and DCB112 chargers offer reliable and efficient charging for your power tool batteries. While the DCB112 may have a slight advantage in terms of faster charging times, the DCB107 offers a wider compatibility range that can be beneficial for those who use multiple brands of batteries. It is essential to consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing between these two chargers. We hope this comparison has helped you make an informed decision, ensuring that your power tools are always ready to use when you need them. Remember to always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for proper usage and maintenance of your batteries and chargers for optimal performance and longevity. Happy charging!